Friday 7 January 2011

Honestly, After Two Decades

Tonight, as I was searching for some songs in my PC to calm and lift me up, I found the folder 'Stryper' and I thought 'why not?' As I played them, I was instantly transported back in time when I first knew my First Love, twenty years ago. Although I'm a Digital and Visual person (in NLP terms), music never fail to trigger certain powerful, inspired states in me. Music is my best anchor (another NLP term), ever!

I first loved Stryper's (the Christian rock band got their name from Isaiah 53:5) songs when I was a schooling teenager kid. Ahh...their slow ballads never fail to give me the goosebumps and move me to tears. I used to adore Michael Sweet's special voice, so unique unlike any other male voices I've heard.

Many things change in twenty years (I mean, look at their hairstyle), but surprisingly, some hardly change. There's also a place in my heart that remains the same, and my First Love knows how to access it.



This is Honestly, from the album To Hell With The Devil, a record I must have listened to thousands of times over the years. It's like my First Love still singing to me...reminding me...because I often forget.


Call on me
And I'll be there for you
I'm a friend who always will be true
And I love you, can't you see?
That I can say "I love you"
Honestly 


Good to hear that Stryper has reunited after many years and touring around many countries.

Thanks for bringing me back to a special secret place I used to know. Although I can't turn back time, I can always go back to that place. Thanks for this song, among many other special songs.




No comments: