Saturday 31 December 2011

Never Once Did I Ever Walk Alone

Standing at the edge of 2011, I remember the Hand that has held me and everything together, and I thought of this song.

Everytime I hear a great worship song from Matt Redman, I'll remember of God's faithfulness. Matt was from the same university as I am, and we've both come a long way. I still remember someone told me he could only lead our CU worship sessions with 3 chords. Now see how has has gone all over the world to bless many thousands of souls. His heart of worship has still remain although his tunes have gotten better and better. But if you're familiar with his older tunes, you'll know how he has made them fresh in new ways in his new songs. I like how he has remain authentic and true to his brand and style of music. His songs really bring my back all the way to the time how God dealt with me walking in the deserts...

 

Never Once - Matt Redman

Standing on this mountaintop 
Looking just how far we've come 
Knowing that for every step 
You were with us 
Kneeling on this battle ground 
Seeing just how much You've done 
Knowing every victory 
Is Your power in us 
Scars and struggles on the way 
But with joy our hearts can say 
Yes, our hearts can say 
Never once did we ever walk alone 
Never once did You leave us on our own 
You are faithful, God, You are faithful 
Every step we are breathing in Your grace 
Evermore we'll be breathing out Your praise 
You are faithful, God, You are faithful 
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

No comments: