Wednesday 15 September 2010

He Who Works For You

"From of old no one has heard or perceived by the ear,
no eye has seen a God besides you,
who acts for those who wait for him."
-Isaiah 64:4 ESV
I woke up this morning to this precious promise. What would I do without the promises? What could I grasp and hold on to but them?

"a God besides you..." implies that the God of Israel is unique, because He acts, unlike the mute, deaf and blind idols in all of Israel that couldn't do or say anything.

I also like the Authorized Version that says who worketh for him that waiteth for him. Imagine employing someone who works for you tirelessly without taking days off, without going to sleep, yes 24/7. Besides, he has prepared all the solutions to your problems even before you know you're gonna have them, and provided endless resources to everything you'll ever need!

The promise in this verse comforted and answered the prayer I made last night. And while at it, I'm praying today the whole chapter of Isaiah 64 for my country on the eve of our first ever celebration of Malaysia Day, "Oh that you would rend the heavens and come down, that the mountains might quake at your presence......"

Yes Lord, tear open the skies and come!
Let all see, not just some,
Make known Your Name,
And show them why You came!

No comments: